New Homes & Extensions
Multi Unit & Commercial
Architecture Republic is a young, award-winning studio specialising in environmentally-aware Australian design. We have offices in Bowral, NSW and Canberra, ACT, but we also serve the Southern Highlands, Goulburn, Sydney and all of rural NSW. We’re passionate about architecture, sustainability and beautiful Australian spaces.
We draw inspiration from large vibrant cities and historic country towns alike. It’s a privelege to experience the world the way we do, stepping into the homes of people across NSW and helping them to create architecture. Our goal is to equip Australia’s homes and businesses for the future. Our passion for sustainability and green design underscores all of our design thinking.
From initial concepts (there’s always more than one) to finished product, we strive to keep our feet on the ground. We enjoy creating practical solutions for both large and small budgets.
We have a talented network of professionals, consultants, designers, and draftspeople who make the perfect team to move smoothly through the design, approval and construction process.
I’ve always had a passion for making beautiful things. For the past six years I’ve brought that passion to designing buildings. I studied under Pritzker Prize winning architect Glenn Murcutt, furthering my interest in architectural delight, sustainability and honesty of materials. I believe Australian open-plan architecture that connects to the outdoors is something to be celebrated. I’m passionate about preserving our architectural heritage to develop the rich layering that makes cities and homes beautiful.
I’ve been designing buildings for 12 years, working for several talented design and engineering firms both large and small. Since starting Architecture Republic five years ago, I’ve enjoyed collaborating with our clients and other designers across a range of interesting projects from straw bale houses to infrastructure projects and everything in between. I’m passionate about sustainability and believe it’s something everyone can (and should) achieve.
Want to join the team? We’re always looking for young, motivated drafting pros, students, and graduates. If you’re a digital native who knows their way around Trimble SketchUp and LayOut, send your best set of documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
From the Blog
This bushfire season has us re-thinking how we design for bushfire in Rural Australia. Our new normal is to go beyond the guidelines of the Bushfire Construction Code. Everywhere is bushfire-prone, there is no such thing as a bushfire-proof house, plan ahead, don’t build in the Flame Zone.
Renovating in a beautiful city like Canberra is always rewarding but can also have its challenges. Many of the city's homes were built before 1979 and although they have good 'bones', they just aren't up to 21st century standards. With the perennial problems of poor...
We've had a great start to our 2016 creative year with four new prizes awarded to our studio. Houzz.com.au, the world's largest online community about architecture, interior design, and home improvement awarded Architecture Republic with two of it's 'Best of Houzz'...
Here’s what we do
- Sketch design – Let us help you brainstorm or critique your design; getting the basics right at the start can make a huge difference. We use a back-and-forth collaborative process with all our clients in order to develop a floorplan that works with lifestyle, aesthetics and budget.
- Design and documentation for Development Application – Our drawings are tailored to satisfy the project’s local Council/ACTPLA requirements.
- Plans, sections, elevations, shadow diagrams, BASIX/ACTHERS compliance drawings – We can provide everything you need for you to submit your own Development Application to Council/ACTPLA, including advice on who else you’ll need to talk to and our assistance through every step of the process.
- Full specification – Exactly what you want in your home, specified to the letter. Make sure you have the products, finishes and details to make it truly your home. We can specify the latest and best in green techniques, products and technology.
- Engagement of consultants – We have an established network of engineers, surveyors, BASIX/ACTHERS assessors, builders, etc. We can talk to the other consultants you’ll need to get your design just right.
- Full Development Application administration – We can liaise with Council/ACTPLA, engage the consultants and submit the application on your behalf. After that, all you have to do is choose your builder.
- Tendering – We have a great network of builders who frequently work on our projects. With your consultation, we will organise and compare quotes from a variety of builders and trades.
- Contract Administration – We can act as your agent on site in all dealings with the builder and trades. We can organise progress payments, ensure the contract is being fulfilled by all parties and resolve any issues that come up during the build
- Advice and critique: We can critique pre-drawn house plans or concept designs in the context of your house/development block.
- Pre-purchase advice: On selecting the right block for your house or development. We will provide both design and planning restrictions of any given house/development block. We are familiar with the legal framework for developments in the ACT and most NSW council areas.
- Artists impressions: We primarily work in 3D and can document any existing or proposed buildings using computer modelling and rendering.
- Drafting: Our office is well equipped for just about any Design drafting, Civil and Structural engineering drafting project.
Young, award winning architectural studio working in the Southern Highlands, Canberra, Sydney & NSW
We ❤️ houses!
For our portfolio, click below